VAO supports the third sector in Orkney by providing advice, information and practical services. The third sector is made up of voluntary, community and charitable groups, social enterprises and volunteers. VAO is a Third Sector Interface (TSI), part of a national network with four main aims:
- Promoting volunteering
- Social enterprise development
- Supporting third sector organisations
- Building a strong relationship with community planning
“to support the voluntary sector and social enterprises to build and enable resilient, sustainable and inclusive communities”
- We will be ethical, honest and open in the way we work and use time, money and resources effectively
- We will pursue excellence in all that we do, in order to provide the best possible support and leadership to the third sector.
Voluntary Action Orkney is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee. We are governed by a Board of Directors who are all elected from our membership. Our Strategy 2015- 18 identifies our priorities and sets out how we will achieve these. Our Annual Report gives an overview of the servi ces and activities we offer and is presented to members each year at our AGM. Our audited Accounts for 2015-16 can be viewed here.
Registered in Scotland No 143208.
Registered Office: Anchor Buildings, 6 Bridge Street, Kirkwall, KW15 1HR.
Registered Scottish Charity No SCO10691