All our training and learning opportunities are designed specifically for third sector groups. We understand that budgets are tight and so offer training at competitive rates, with reduced rates for members. As well as our standard training courses, we can source or facilitate specific requests. Our courses can also be adapted to suit individual group’s needs so if you have a particular issue in mind, why not give us a call.
In keeping with our policy of equality of access, we’ll travel to the isles to deliver training at no extra cost.
Courses offered include:
- Committee procedures/meetings
- Employer responsibilities
- Financial management
- Basic book-keeping/Treasurer's Toolkit
- Project plan writing
- Volunteer management
Funding available for 15 different courses all at level 2 here and ready to go.
They can offer the following: -
• Caring for Children and Young People
• Team Leading
• Dignity and Safeguarding
• Management of Diabetes
• Infection Control
• Mental Health Awareness
• Dementia Care
• Safe Handling of Medication
• Information, Advice and Guidance
• Common Health Conditions
• Nutrition and Health
• Business Administration
• Customer Service
• Equality and Diversity
• Understanding Autism
No face to face induction needed and you will have the support of an experienced tutor throughout the duration of your course! All Courses are online courses and are fully flexible!
Criteria for the courses is that all must be aged 17+ and a resident of Scotland.
If a learner starts a course and doesn’t complete the individual will be charged a fee of £85.00.
They can provide a course overview for any courses listed so if you require any, please contact
01429 807252 (Direct Line)
7 Scarborough Street, Hartlepool, TS24 7DA
direct line is 01429 807252
The PQASSO quality framework is a simple, easy to use framework especially designed for voluntary organisations. By carrying out an assessment of your organisation you can:
- "Health-check" your organisation and make sure you are fit and ready for the future
- Look at the areas that will bring most benefit to you and your service users
- Improve the quality of information gathering and decision making
- Build more effective relationships with funders, partners and service users
- Achieve what you set out to do and deliver the benefits to the community that are most needed
VAO staff can support you through the PQASSO process. To get started, we will provide training for one or two people from your team. Many of the processes are done alongside and are part of your existing work and so the workload can be spread over a period of time to suit you and your organisation.
To find out more about how PQASSO can help your organisation contact Edwina Lloyd.